Solo travel means experiencing the world on your terms. It’s an exciting opportunity to explore new destinations and cultures by yourself. Traveling solo is the best option if you need to do some soul-searching, take some time for personal growth, or even a much-needed space to discover the world in solitude.
You can choose any type of travel such as luxury, adventure, or a culinary experience. Even so, solo travel is a highly rewarding experience for those who are looking to gain independence, meet new people, get involved in a transformative adventure that can help you grow as a person, and create unforgettable memories.
What is Solo Travel?
Solo travel is the experience of traveling alone and discovering the world on your own terms. It involves exploring new destinations, cultures, and experiences without compromising with anyone else.
There are many reasons why you should try to travel solo. For instance, traveling alone can be an enriching experience. You have the freedom to create your itinerary, make your own decision, and enjoy exploring new places at your own pace. However, solo travel is an opportunity to gain independence, self-confidence, as well as self-discovery. If you’re still wondering if solo travel is for you, check these five reasons:
- Solo travel gives you independence, having complete freedom to make your own decisions without having to compromise with anyone else.
- When you travel solo, you gain self-confidence. Traveling alone is a transformative experience because you’ll have the opportunity to step out of your comfort zone, face new challenges, and learn new skills. Also, you’ll have time for self-reflection.
- Traveling the world alone gives you new perspectives, such as being more flexible. When you’re traveling alone, you have the flexibility to change your plans like staying longer in one place.
- In solo travel destinations, you meet new people, including locals and travelers from around the world. When traveling alone, it is easier to strike up conversations and connect with interesting people. Therefore, you’ll be able to make new friends!
- Travel solo is budget-friendly because you have complete control over your expenses.
Top 5 Best Solo Travel Tours
Rebecca Adventure Travel specializes in creating the best solo travel tours for all types of adventurers. If you want to discover solo travel destinations in Ecuador, we recommend checking the top 5 tours created with adventure travelers in mind:
If you want to discover two of the four Ecuadorian regions, this tour is for you. You’ll enjoy the combination of multisport activities and spectacular scenic views. The tour will take you hiking into a crater lake, canyoning in the jungle, paddling rapids in the Amazon, soaking in hot springs, and hiking to glaciers.
What are solo travelers looking for?
Solo travelers aim for the unexpected. The true beauty of traveling solo is embracing the unknown.
However, in general terms, there are a few things that you can expect from a solo travel experience:
- Self-discovery: You’ll have plenty of time to reflect on your life, giving you space to get to know yourself better. Moreover, traveling the world alone can lead you to personal growth and greater self-awareness.
- New experiences: Thanks to the freedom you’ll have to try new things, you’ll be able to go off the expected path, and take unusual decisions.
- Facing new challenges: Solo travel has its challenges, such as navigating a new city in an unfamiliar language, or deciding where to sleep, and what to eat. However, facing new challenges will give you an amazing sense of accomplishment, and self-confidence.
Rebecca’s Top Picks
Rebecca, the founder of Rebecca Adventure Travel, is a solo female traveler. She loved to travel the world and discover new places by herself, following her instincts and spontaneous needs. Even so, in her twenties, she decided to travel to Ecuador and fell in love with South America.
Even though she enjoys traveling with her family, she’s always dreaming about traveling solo. And, every opportunity is the best excuse to keep discovering the world by herself! Moreover, she likes to think that “the world is my playground”. Therefore, as a solo female traveler, she recommends:
What to expect from a Solo Travel tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel?
Rebecca Adventure Travel offers unique and customized solo travel tours created to give you an unforgettable experience. When you travel alone, you can expect:
- Personalized itineraries: The solo travel tours are customized to your interests, preferences, and travel styles. With the guidance of our Destination Experts, you’ll be able to create your itinerary.
- Local experiences: Rebecca loves to plan tours where you can immerse in the culture and traditions of the destinations you visit. The objective is for you to interact with locals, try new foods, and participate in unique activities.
- Adventure: The solo travel tours are designed for adventurous travelers who like hiking, biking, kayaking, bird-watching, canyoning, and more.
- Safety and comfort: All the tours are led by experienced and trained guides, and the accommodations are comfortable and secure.
- Sustainability: Rebecca Adventure Travel is committed to sustainable tourism, following responsible travel practices.
Overall, a solo travel tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel is an opportunity to experience adventure, local culture, and sustainability. You’ll create unforgettable memories, meet new people, and discover yourself in new, amazing, ways!
A Guide to Solo Travel
Solo travel is an exciting and rewarding experience for adventure seekers. Exploring new destinations and cultures on your terms is an amazing way to discover the world. However, traveling alone can be challenging. That’s why we’ve condensed a guide for making the most out of your solo travel experience.
When embarking on a solo adventure, you must plan. For instance, it is a good idea to research widely about your solo travel destination and familiarize yourself with the culture, language, customs, and important issues related to safety.
Also, you can organize solo-friendly activities, tours, and accommodations that meet your needs. Moreover, by planning your next solo travel adventure with a Boutique Tour Operator such as Rebecca Adventure Travel, you’ll feel more confident and organized, being able to enjoy your destination at its best!
Trust your instincts
When you were little, did your mother tell you to always follow your gut? Well, when it comes to solo travel, you should do the same: Trust your instincts at all times!
Solo travel is about enjoying your own company, so it’s completely ok to say no and set boundaries with others. For instance, if something doesn’t feel right, don’t do it. And if you need any help, immediately contact us and one of our Destination Experts will be happy to help!
Join other groups
Embark on a solo adventure, find your tribe, and let your spirit soar as you join our vibrant fixed departure group. Discover the world with like-minded explorers, forge lifelong connections, and create unforgettable memories together. It’s time to embrace the freedom of solo travel while enjoying the camaraderie of a supportive community. Join the groups and experience the magic of shared adventures on your own terms!
When traveling alone, your safety should always be your top priority. To choose safe and secure accommodations, you can research the area you’re staying in and try to avoid unsafe areas. Remember to:
- Avoid drinking too much if you’re not accompanied by someone you trust completely.
- If you feel uncomfortable, go to a public place or catch up with a group of people.
- Always know your hotel address.
- Protect your documents, cards, and cash.
- Leave a copy of your travel itinerary with friends and family.
- Make a list of your emergency contacts.
Meeting locals is probably the best way to immerse yourself in a new culture, make friends, and create memories you’ll never forget. Therefore, don’t be afraid to strike up a conversation with someone in a café, a bar, o a tourist attraction. For instance, Ecuadorians are always happy to help travelers around the world!
Build Your Own Tour
Contact us if you want to create your personalized and customized trip. One of our destination experts will be happy to help you organize the tour of your dreams!