Rebecca Adventure Travel gives you the unique opportunity to see the Galapagos Islands, mainland Ecuador, Perú, and Colombia through local’s eyes. You are invited to discover the hidden treasures of South America with us!
Why Book with Rebecca Adventure Travel?
- Authenticity: Rebecca Adventure Travel offers unique and authentic experiences. All tours are personally selected by Rebecca, which guarantees authentic hotels (preferably family-owned), high-quality tours, great service, and, last but not least, value for money.
- Tailor-made design: Whether travelers prefer a Galapagos Island-Hopping tour, a cruise, or a tailor-made tour of Ecuador, our local and international destination experts use their own travel experiences to create the right travel plan for every traveler.
- Safety & 24/7 assistance: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all official tour operating insurance up to EUR 3 million. The team can be reached 24/7 for emergencies, by phone, e-mail, Skype, and WhatsApp. This service is available in English, Spanish, and Dutch!
- Face-to-face assistance throughout your travels: Although online communication is essential, in-person service is very important, too. This is why travelers can get face-to-face travel advice at the Travel Concept Store in Zutphen, Netherlands. During your trip, there will be local personal hostesses at each destination, e.g., the Galapagos Islands.
Awards, Certificates, and Memberships
Rebecca Adventure Travel received the Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice Award for six consecutive years! This achievement celebrates businesses that are consistently excellent by having earned great traveler reviews on TripAdvisor over the previous year.
Rebecca Adventure Travel holds a rating of 4.8 points on Trustpilot based on reviewers’ feedback, with a qualification status of Excellent. Trustpilot is one of the biggest review platforms that host businesses worldwide, connecting them to consumers through genuine feedback on their buying and customer service experiences.
Ecuador’s Leading Tour Operator 2023 Winner
Rebecca Adventure Travel has been awarded the prestigious title of Ecuador’s Leading Tour Operator for 2023. This recognition highlights our dedication to shaping unforgettable travel adventures in Ecuador. This remarkable achievement stands as a testament to our unwavering dedication to curating unparalleled travel experiences throughout Ecuador. The World Travel Awards recognize and celebrate the achievements of travel companies around the world, highlighting excellence and innovation in the industry.
This victory solidified our position as the pinnacle tour operator in Ecuador. The heartfelt appreciation we feel towards everyone who supported us has no bounds. We are forever grateful for the trust, votes, and support of our guests, whose positive experiences and feedback have contributed to our triumph.
Our journey isn’t solely about winning awards, but about creating indelible memories and fostering life-changing encounters for every traveler we serve. As we set our sights on the future, we are resolute in our commitment to raise the bar even higher and to create travel experiences that will be cherished for a lifetime.
Featured in The National Geographic Luxury Collection
One of our meticulously crafted tours has earned recognition in the esteemed pages of National Geographic Traveller editions for both 2022 and 2023. This journey is specially crafted for those seeking an enchanting escapade in one of the planet’s most untouched paradises. The 7-Day Galapagos Luxury Safari shines thanks to our carefully selected luxury lodges that offer impeccable high-end services while still catering to intrepid explorers looking to discover the Galapagos Islands in a truly once-in-a-lifetime fashion. This has propelled this incredible tour to stand out and be featured in high-profile magazines, including the renowned National Geographic.
This prestigious recognition from National Geographic Traveller underscores the exceptional quality and uniqueness of our Galapagos Luxury Safari and our other tours. When you choose to book with Rebecca Adventure Travel, you’re not only embarking on a remarkable journey but also securing an experience that has been celebrated by travel experts.
ATTA Member Badge
The Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA), aspires to create a community that does good through travel. The main goal of becoming a member of this community is to create a positive impact on communities, wildlife, and destinations through adventure travel. All ATTA members sign a value statement, with the purpose of committing to contributing to sustainable and responsible travel.
Besides obtaining the ATTA Membership Badge, Rebecca Adventure Trave obtained the ATTA COVID-19 Safety Badge for following the ATTA Safety Guidelines and for committing to best practices for health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. Together, we helped reopen tourism while mitigating the risks associated with COVID-19, for a safe and healthy future for adventure travel.
The main principles of the ATTA guidelines are:
- Protect the vulnerable: people and communities.
- Mitigate risks
- Symptom screening.
- Enhanced sanitation and hygiene, with a focus on hands.
- Physical distancing and additional controls.
- Face coverings when physical distancing is not possible.
- Respond to COVID-19 presence and other emergencies.
- Take specific actions for trekking, rafting, cycling, and other adventure activities.
Rebecca Adventure Travel is proud to become a founding Agency of Change in Ecuador, partnering with Regenerative Travel. It is a remarkable opportunity, as Regenerative Travel has been driving the travel industry toward a regenerative future since 2019. Initially connecting travelers with impactful hotels, they have evolved into a dynamic association and marketplace, uniting key stakeholders under a single vision. Their Agency of Change Trade Program empowers agents with aligned values to promote regenerative travel and become stewards of change. By partnering with Regenerative Travel, Rebecca Adventure Travel joins a community actively working towards systemic change, transforming communities and economies into more regenerative models. Together, efforts can be amplified, and everyone can support one another, making a positive impact within the travel industry.
Responsible travel: One of the main goals of starting a tour operator in Ecuador for Rebecca Adventure Travel, was to help the local community and preserve nature. The main purpose of Responsible Travel is to inspire travelers and companies to act urgently to restore nature and reduce carbon emissions. Therefore, Rebecca Adventure Travel is proud of its Responsible Travel membership, as they really appreciate and care about responsible tour operators from all over the world.
Women Travel Leaders
The Women Travel Leaders Association (WTLA) presents an exciting opportunity for Rebecca Adventure Travel to tap into a vibrant network of empowered and experienced women within the travel industry. By aligning with WTLA, Rebecca Adventure Travel can benefit from a supportive community that fosters growth, collaboration, and leadership development. This affiliation provides a platform for Rebecca Adventure Travel to share its expertise, learn from others, and contribute to discussions shaping the future of women in the travel sector.
Through WTLA’s networking events, workshops, and mentorship opportunities, Rebecca Adventure Travel can access valuable insights, and fresh perspectives to offer new exciting adventures to its guests. The association’s focus on empowering women aligns seamlessly with Rebecca Adventure Travel’s values, opening doors for mutual inspiration and innovation. By participating in WTLA, Rebecca Adventure Travel can showcase its commitment to diversity and equality, positioning itself as a leader in promoting positive change within the travel industry.
Partnering with JourneyWoman presents a remarkable opportunity as the world’s original solo travel publication for women, catering to a subscriber base of over 60,000 readers and representing mature women for nearly 30 years. Led by influential travel expert Carolyn Ray, JourneyWoman is dedicated to empowering women through conscious and sustainable travel, addressing the industry’s lack of understanding and recognition for women aged over 50. Their inclusive community, Women’s Travel Advisory Council, and Women’s Travel Directory provide resources, support, and connections for women seeking authentic experiences. Collaborating with JourneyWoman allows Rebecca Adventure Travel to reach a like-minded audience, inspire intentional travel choices, and contribute to the collective knowledge of women’s travel, fostering empowerment and positive impact.
Distintivo Q: Certificate of Quality & Sustainability
Rebecca Adventure Travel has received the Distintivo Q Certificate for the seventh consecutive year; from 2017 to the current year, 2023. The Distintivo Q certificate is bestowed by the city of Quito upon companies implementing sustainable and qualitative practices in tourism, signifying a commendable commitment to responsible travel. These companies need to offer premium services and contribute to raising the quality of tourism in the Quito area. Inspections of the installations of Rebecca Adventure Travel are performed twice a year to make sure all environmental, social, quality, biosafety, and business practices adhere to the responsible travel strategy.
Rebecca and her team are dedicated to continuously educating themselves on sustainable tourism and practicing it in their daily (business) practices. For this certification, Rebecca attended several seminars about, amongst other things, quality service standards, environmental issues like pollution, and waste management.
Trustworthy and Healthy Establishment Certificate
Rebecca Adventure Travel has obtained the Trustworthy and Healthy Establishment certificate granted by the Municipality of Quito, through Quito Tourism. This certificate is given to businesses that have the recognition of tourist quality, Distinctive Q, in full compliance with the guidelines and parameters necessary for the correct application of biosafety protocols.
For this, the Quito Tourism Quality Directorate worked, hand in hand with the establishments that have ‘Distinctive Q’, in personalized advice to apply biosafety standards, contained in the technical standard of the tourism quality program.
The Distinctive Q recognition is a program in which, on a voluntary basis, establishments implement quality and sustainable-tourism management systems, in order to offer first-class services with a prepared human team that allows for raising the quality of the Metropolitan District of Quito’s tourist offer, through compliance with technical, measurable and objective standards.
Safe Travels Certification
The #SAFETRAVELS Stamp, approved by the World Travel & Tourism Council recognizes governments and businesses that practice safe travel protocols. These global protocols to recover the travel and tourism sector have been embraced by over 700 businesses, including some of the world’s major tourism groups.
Rebecca Adventure Travel has adopted the recommended health and hygiene standardized protocols, thus, its guests can experience Safe Travels. Ensuring the safety and hygiene of all travelers is the top priority.
Comprehensive General Liability Insurance
Liability Insurance, with Aon Empower Results (No. 638367100-6), covers the occurrence of damage, death, and/or property damage including consequential damages worldwide for six million euros, and 12 million euros in the annual aggregate. AON is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement, and health solutions. Their 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance. Feel safe to travel, as our liability insurance will take care of you!
Rebecca Adventure Travel is an SGR (No. 3834) affiliate. It is one of the most recognized quality marks for travelers, the largest guarantee fund in the Netherlands, and the first guarantee fund for travel money in Europe. It protects travelers and their trips in case of calamities, bankruptcy, or financial problems for travel organizations. This ensures you will travel, to any destination, regardless of the travel cost, on every booking.
SGR is an important and reliable partner in the travel industry that eases travelers’ concerns by guaranteeing prepaid travel money in the event of bankruptcy. SGR responds flexibly to (technological) developments and acts accordingly. Be sure you’ll be covered every second!
ANVR (Algemeen Nederlands Verbond van Reisondernemingen)
Rebecca Adventure Travel is a proud member of ANVR (No. 05736), the world-famous Dutch Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators. This means that the company upholds the high standards of professionalism and quality required by ANVR, such as:
- Trust and Reliability: ANVR member agencies are committed to upholding the highest ethical standards, ensuring transparency, and prioritizing customer satisfaction.
- Financial Protection: Member agencies offer guarantee funds that safeguard customers’ payments in the event of financial difficulties faced by the agency, ensuring that your money is secure.
- Quality and Expertise: Affiliated agencies have a proven track record of delivering high-quality services and experiences. Agencies undergo regular assessments and audits to maintain their membership.
- Dispute Resolution: Provides a comprehensive and fair dispute resolution mechanism in case any issues or disputes arise during your tour.
- Industry Connections: This enables them to offer a wide range of options and services, access competitive rates, and provide you with the best possible travel experience.
- Environmental and Social Responsibility: By choosing an ANVR-affiliated agency, you contribute to sustainable tourism initiatives and support responsible travel practices.
We are proud to announce that Rebecca Adventure Travel is part of the Calamiteitenfonds (No. 3834 / 23052489), providing an extra layer of security and peace of mind for your travel adventures. Calimiteitenfonds is an organization dedicated to providing financial protection and assistance to travel companies and their customers in the event of unforeseen calamities or disruptions during travel.
The Dutch Guarantee Fund insures travelers in case there is financial loss when their travel company cannot or may not (fully) perform the agreed services due to a catastrophe or an impending catastrophe. Moreover, if the trip is terminated early, the Calamiteitenfonds will reimburse the travel sum on a prorated basis from the date the trip was terminated. Being part of Calamiteitenfonds emphasizes Rebecca Adventure Travel’s commitment to delivering safe and reliable travel experiences.
Rebecca Adventure Travel has a great relationship with its business partners. Here is a list of trustworthy ally companies all over the world:
- Local Dreamers Foundation: A great local foundation that organizes different types of projects for youth in the south of Quito.
- Hotel Boutique Casa Joaquín: Beautiful boutique hotel in the Mariscal area of Quito.
- Blue Evolution Dive School: High-quality dive school in the Galapagos Islands.
- Little Kickers: Soccer school in Quito.
- Mijn Jas: Travel agency and help with emigration in Uruguay.
- Bouwjecv.nl: Online advice about building your perfect résumé.
- De Spaanse Taalclub: Online Spanish classes.
- Travalas: Platform for solo female travelers.
- EcuaFina: Ecuadorian handmade products.
- Inspirock: Getting your adventure trip started.