This half-day tour takes you from Quito airport to the beautiful Papallacta hot springs for a relaxing experience.
The tour is the perfect option for travelers who arrived in Quito and have time (6 hours or more) before their international connection. Papallacta is a small Ecuadorian highlands village located in the Andes mountain range (east side) and about 1.5 hours away from Quito. Papallacta is known for its famous hot springs. The source temperature of the thermal baths varies between 30 °C and 70 °C (86 °F and 158 °F). After this relaxing time, you will back to Quito airport for your next flight and destination.
- Have at least 6 hours between arrival, and departure flight.
- Be prepared with warm clothes, a bathing suit, a towel, and sandals.
- Important things to bring: warm and waterproof clothing, water, sunblock, sunglasses, a bathing suit, and a towel.
- Keep in mind that climate at high altitudes can change suddenly from sunny to cold with stormy winds.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.