After we pick you up at your hotel, we will drive south down the Panamericana Highway. Your biking tour will take place in the Cotopaxi National Park, named after one of the highest active volcanoes on earth, which at just over 19.000 feet, is one of the most stunning sights in Ecuador. You will bike next to Cotopaxi’s base on dirt roads surrounded by an other-worldly landscape dotted by rocks strew about by the volcano during its last major eruption. The ride is about 16 miles, and mostly on a flat easy terrain ideal for novice bikers. Lunch is included in this program. Explore the Cotopaxi volcano with our biking tour! Enjoy the sights of the mighty Cotopaxi, a snow-capped Volcano, while biking on a flat easy terrain, ideal for novice bikers.
- Transportation included is from and to Quito’s hotel, located in the Quito urban Zone. It does not include Valleys, Tababela or hotels close to the airport. The extra charge of $ 40 (for the round trip per group) must be paid directly to the driver.
- Important things to bring: warm and waterproof clothing, gloves, water, energy snacks, sunblock, sunglasses, and a passport.
- Keep in mind that climate at high altitudes can change suddenly from sunny to cold with stormy winds.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc).
- It is important that you will have current travel insurance including health insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availability, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.