You will be picked up at your selected hotel to spend the day exploring the Cotopaxi volcano on our biking tour! First, you will be taken south down the Panamericana Highway through the Avenue of the Volcanoes. Your biking tour will begin in the Cotopaxi National Park, named after one of the highest active volcanoes on earth, which at just over 19.000 feet, is one of the most stunning sights in Ecuador. You will bike next to Cotopaxi’s base on dirt roads surrounded by an other-worldly landscape dotted by rocks strewn about by the volcano during its last major eruption. The ride is about 16 miles, and mostly on a flat easy terrain that is ideal for novice bikers. Lunch will be included in this program.
Biking Around the Cotopaxi Volcano - Private Tour
From $144 p.p.
- Cotopaxi VolcanoExplore one of the highest active volcanoes in the world, covered with snow at its peak.
- Picnic in the AndesEnjoy a picnic with a lovely view of some Inca ruins.
BIKING AROUND THE COTOPAXI VOLCANO
08:30 Pick-up at hotel in Quito.
10:00 – 12:30 Biking ride at Cotopaxi National Park next to the volcano’s base.
12:30 – 13:30 Picnic with a lovely view of some Inca ruins.
13:30 – 14:30 Biking ride at Cotopaxi National Park.
17:00 Back in Quito
Biking time: 3.5 hours approximately.
Biking distance: 26 km (16 miles).
Elevation gain: 122 m (400 feet).
Maximum elevation: 3,899 m (12,792 feet).
*Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
- ActivityBiking, Exploring, Sightseeing.
Price Based on Number of Guests:Check Availability
|1 guest||$ 342 p.p.|
|2 - 3 guests||$ 173 p.p.|
|4 - 6 guests||$ 161 p.p.|
|7 or more guests||$ 144 p.p.|
- Meals as described in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with pick-up and drop off at hotel in Quito.
- Experienced Certified English-Speaking Guide.
- Biking gear.
- All activities as described in the itinerary.
- 24/7 assistance in English, Dutch and Spanish.
+ Fees for museums or natural reserves.
+ Additional food or beverages.
+ Personal health and travel insurance.
+ Optional tips for guides and drivers.
- Transportation is included with pick up and drop off at your selected hotel in Quito. If your hotel is not located in the Quito Urban Zone, there is an extra charge of $40 USD (round trip) which can be paid directly to the driver. This extra charge applies to hotels in the valleys, Tababela, or hotels close to the airport.
- Essential items to bring are warm clothing in layers, a waterproof jacket or windbreaker, gloves, a hat, water, energy snacks, sunblock, sunglasses, and a copy of your passport.
- Keep in mind that the climate at high altitudes may change suddenly from sunny to cold with stormy winds or rain.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling and take necessary precautions to avoid food poisoning. Always wash your hands before eating and try to avoid “street food”. All drinks should be drank with filtered or bottled water.
- It is important to have up-to-date travel insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have. You can find out more on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availability, National Park regulations or notifications, and/or unforeseeable circumstances.