Embark on a journey to the awe-inspiring Andes Mountains right on the outskirts of Quito as you delve into this invigorating day trip, biking in Papallacta. You can choose from two levels of thrilling adventures, both led by an informed English-speaking guide to ensure a smooth ride. Because your comfort and enjoyment are of the utmost importance, you will be accompanied for the duration of your trip, with contingency transportation ready for you during the entire expedition. You’re welcome to shift between biking and taking breaks at your leisure.
- Stunning Andean LandscapesTowering mountains, lush valleys, and serene lakes–a visual feast for nature lovers.
- Thermal Springs RouteRelax and rejuvenate in the soothing hot springs, which are known for their therapeutic properties due to their mineral-rich waters. This combination of biking and relaxation offers a well-rounded and memorable adventure.
- Diverse Trail OptionsVariety of trail choices to cater to different skill levels.
CUMBAYÁ - PAPALLACTA BIKING
In the morning, you will be picked up at your hotel in Quito and begin the drive to the lush and beautiful areas of Papallacta where your biking routes are located. You will start weaving your way into the beautiful mountainous area where your biking adventure begins. For this biking tour, there are two options available, each described below. For both options, your guide will make sure to outline the contrasts between the softer biking path and the more extreme trail. For lunch, you will have a picnic in the Andes Mountains, and you may even find Andean bears in the region.
Option 1. Soft Adventure Route.
The soft route entails 1 hour of biking with an English-speaking guide, granting you the flexibility to alternate between cycling and resting with the accompanying transportation throughout the duration of the tour. This backup transport is available from start to finish, allowing you to relax by placing the bike on the vehicle whenever needed. Later in the afternoon, you will arrive at the hot springs of Papallacta, where you can enjoy a hot chocolate and the thermal water with rejuvenating benefits. It is also possible to schedule an optional massage at the Papallacta Spa or to stay overnight in the Papallacta Spa Hotel, at an additional cost.
Option 2. Extreme Route.
The adventurous extreme route will take about 6 hours, beginning in Cumbaya and ending at the Papallacta thermal hot springs. You will ride for about 20 Km to finally arrive at the town of Pifo. Here an uphill route begins to take shape and you will pass through the village of Palumgillo. From here, it’s downhill the rest of the way to Papallacta Thermal Hot Springs, located at 10,499 ft (3200 m) above sea level. After this adrenaline-charged route is finished, you will arrive at the hot springs of Papallacta, where you can enjoy hot chocolate and the thermal water with rejuvenating benefits. It is also possible to schedule an optional massage at the Papallacta Spa or to stay overnight in the Papallacta Spa Hotel, at an additional cost.
- Activity:Relaxing, biking
- Transport:Car, bike
Papallacta Day Tour Map
|1 guest||$ 432 p.p.|
|2-4 guests||$ 216 p.p.|
|5 or more guests||$ 149 p.p.|
- Papallacta Public Pools Entrance Fee
- Private transportation to and from the designated location
- Experienced, certified English-speaking guide
- All activities as described in the itinerary.
- 24/7 assistance in English, Dutch and Spanish.
+ Additional food or beverages.
+ Personal health and travel insurance.
+ Optional tips for guides and drivers.
- Upgrade to Papallacta spa available at an additional cost. Please contact us to arrange it.
- Important things to bring: warm and waterproof clothing, water, sunblock, sunglasses, a bathing suit, sandals, and a towel.
- Keep in mind that the weather at high altitudes can change suddenly, from sunny to cold with stormy winds.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precautions to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat street food, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- It is suggested to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.