Discover the beautiful emerald crater lake of the Quilotoa Volcano on this private day tour. Lunch and transportation are included! On Rebecca Adventure Travel, we offer a wide range of private day tours around Quito, and also to interesting destinations in Ecuador such as the Quilotoa Lagoon. These tours are designed for people who want to discover a new exciting destination in just one day with only their travel party. For all of our private day tours, the pick-up and drop-off will be at your hotel. You will have an English-speaking guide who will stay with you and your travel party the entire time. Since all these tours are private, you can pick any day of the year to visit these interesting destinations. Enjoy a one-day adventure with only your family or friends with our private day tours around Quito and Ecuador!
Quilotoa – Private Tour
From $58 p.p.
- Quilotoa LakeDiscover a beautiful crater lake with distinct turquoise water.
- Saquisili/PujiliVisit traditional markets and a local family from an Andean community.
- TiguaLearn about the paintings made by the Tigua community.
QUILOTOA – PRIVATE TOUR
07:00 Hotel pick up in Quito and start driving South into the Volcano Avenue
09:30 Explore Saquisili/Pujili (Thursday/Sunday) and visit a native family
13:00 Begin descent to the Quilotoa Lake
14:00 Explore the lake shore (optional kayak).
14:30 Begin ascent to the lake viewpoint (optional mules rent)
16:30 Arrive at the Tigua community
19:00 Approximate return to Quito
*Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
- ActivityExploring, Hiking, Sightseeing.
Price Based on Number of Guests:Check Availability
|1 guest||$ 265 p.p.|
|2 guests||$ 150 p.p.|
|3 - 5 guests||$ 104 p.p.|
|6 - 11 guests||$ 81 p.p.|
|12 or more guests||$ 58 p.p.|
- Meals as described in the itinerary.
- Private transportation from and to Quito’s hotel.
- Professional driver/guide.
- All activities as described in the itinerary.
- 24/7 assistance in English, Dutch and Spanish.
+ Optional mules rent.
+ Optional kayak trip in the lagoon (30 mins approximately).
+ Additional food or beverages.
+ Personal health & travel insurance.
+ Optional tips for the guide.
- On day trips that depart on Thursdays, you will start your day with a visit to the local market of Saquisili. On Sundays, you will visit a local market in Pujili, and on other days, the guide will try to find other spots with locals.
- Transportation is included with pick up and drop off at your selected hotel in Quito. If your hotel is not located in the Quito Urban Zone, there is an extra charge of $40 USD (round trip) which can be paid directly to the driver. This extra charge applies to hotels in the valleys, Tababela, or hotels close to the airport.
- Time Disclaimer: We recommend this private tour to start no later than 08:00 am because you will enjoy the tour at a good pace and you will not miss out on any activities. If you choose a later departure time, you might miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
- Important things to bring: warm and waterproof clothing, gloves, water, energy snacks, sunblock, sunglasses, and a passport.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take necessary precautions to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- It is strongly advised you have current travel insurance including health insurance. Please inform us of any special medical conditions we need to be aware of.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availability, National Park regulations or notifications, and unforeseeable circumstances.