Discover the beautiful emerald crater lake of the Quilotoa Volcano on this private day tour. Lunch and transportation are included! On Rebecca Adventure Travel, we offer a wide range of private day tours around Quito, and also to interesting destinations in Ecuador such as the Quilotoa Lagoon. These tours are designed for people who want to discover a new exciting destination in just one day with only their travel party. For all of our private day tours, the pick-up and drop-off will be at your hotel. You will have an English-speaking guide who will stay with you and your travel party the entire time. Since all these tours are private, you can pick any day of the year to visit these interesting destinations. Enjoy a one-day adventure with only your family or friends with our private day tours around Quito and Ecuador!
- Quilotoa LakeDiscover a beautiful crater lake with distinct turquoise water.
- Saquisili/PujiliVisit traditional markets and a local family from an Andean community.
- TiguaLearn about the paintings made by the Tigua community.
QUILOTOA – PRIVATE TOUR
07:00 Hotel pick up in Quito and start driving South into Volcano Avenue
09:30 Explore Saquisili/Pujili (Thursday/Sunday) and visit a native family
13:00 Begin descent to the Quilotoa Lake
14:00 Explore the lake shore (optional kayak).
14:30 Begin ascent to the lake viewpoint (optional mules rent)
16:30 Arrive at the Tigua community
19:00 Approximate return to Quito
*Note: All hours are approximate, except for the starting time.
- Activity:Exploring, Hiking, Sightseeing.
Quilotoa Private Tour Map
|1 guest||$ 265 p.p.|
|2 guests||$ 150 p.p.|
|3 - 5 guests||$ 104 p.p.|
|6 - 11 guests||$ 81 p.p.|
|12 or more guests||$ 58 p.p.|
- Meals as described in the itinerary.
- Private transportation from and to Quito’s hotel.
- Professional driver/guide.
- All activities as described in the itinerary.
- 24/7 assistance in English, Dutch and Spanish.
+ Optional mules rent.
+ Optional kayak trip in the lagoon (30 mins approximately).
+ Additional food or beverages.
+ Personal health & travel insurance.
+ Optional tips for the guide.
- Prices for 2024 and 2025 are subject to change.
- On day trips that depart on Thursdays, you will start your day with a visit to the local market of Saquisili. On Sundays, you will visit a local market in Pujili, and on other days, the guide will try to find other spots with locals.
- Transportation is included with pick up and drop off at your selected hotel in Quito. If your hotel is not located in the Quito Urban Zone, there is an extra charge of $40 USD (round trip) which can be paid directly to the driver. This extra charge applies to hotels in the valleys, Tababela, or hotels close to the airport.
- This is a private tour that you can modify to your own preferences. You can choose to do an additional chocolate tour, go tubing in the river, visit a butterfly farm, and much more.
- Time Disclaimer: It is recommended that this private tour start no later than 08:00 A.M. because you will enjoy the tour at a good pace and will not miss out on any activities. If you choose a later departure time, you might miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
- Important things to bring: comfortable and light clothing, (a jacket just in case) water, sunblock, sunglasses, and your passport.
- If you would like to change activities or restaurants, please let us know, the tours are completely customizable.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precautions to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat street food, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel and the respective cruise operator reserve the right to change the itinerary without prior notice due to weather conditions, availability, National Park regulations or notifications, and unforeseeable circumstances.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Authenticity: Rebecca Adventure Travel offers unique and authentic experiences. All tours are personally selected by Rebecca, which guarantees authentic hotels (preferably family-owned), high-quality tours, great service, and, last but not least, value for money.
- Tailor-made design: Whether travelers prefer a Galapagos island-hopping tour, a cruise, or a tailor-made tour of Ecuador, our local and international destination experts use their own travel experiences to create the right travel plan for every traveler.
- Safety & 24/7 assistance: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all official tour operating insurance up to EUR 3 million. The team can be reached 24/7 for emergencies, by phone, e-mail, Skype, and WhatsApp. This service is available in English, Spanish, and Dutch!
- Face-to-face assistance throughout your travels: Although online communication is essential, in-person service is very important, too. This is why travelers can get face-to-face travel advice at the Travel Concept Store in Zutphen, Netherlands. During your trip, there will be local personal hostesses at each destination, e.g., the Galapagos Islands.
- Zero credit card fee: For guests who book a cruise with Rebecca Adventure Travel, there is no extra charge for credit card payment.
- When you book a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to its terms and conditions.