This Cotopaxi Horseback Riding tour is designed especially for people who like to go for a short horseback riding experience in the Andes. This ranch is about two hours south of Quito, just outside the Cotopaxi National Park. The tours are for beginners or experienced riders. At the ranch, you might be with other riders. But the advantage of booking with Rebecca is that you will have your English-speaking guide. The Cotopaxi Horseback riding tour starts at 9:00 AM, you can go either for a 2-hour or a 3,5-hour ride. You will never forget these stunning landscapes where you might even see some wild horses!
The ranch offers self-guided trails, a spa, and other outdoor activities. Lunch will be served with local Ecuadorian dishes, and you will have plenty of time to enjoy the Ecuadorian countryside. Contact us if you would like to go for a longer ride or if you would like to do a private ride.
- Important things to bring: warm and waterproof clothing, gloves, water, energy snacks, sunblock, sunglasses, and your passport.
- Keep in mind that the climate at 4,000 meters can change suddenly from sunny to cold with stormy winds and wet snow.
- Since you will ride in the mountains where the trails could be steep, and where there is a lack of oxygen. It is recommended for your safety that the rider weighs 200 pounds or less.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice. Due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications, and unforeseeable circumstances.
- If you would like to enter the Cotopaxi National Park. For example, to visit Limpiopungo, the Cotopaxi Refugio or if you would like to stop underway to take pictures it is obligatory to rent the services of a local guide. Costs are 40 USD.