This tour takes you on a true hiking adventure on Andean Soil. An expedition that takes place in a location like no other, trekking off the beaten path along narrow trails surrounded by beautiful farms, crater lakes, and snowcapped volcanoes. Witness the local way of life while immersing yourself in the region and the sights. Learn from your guides about geography, history, ecology, and culture. Let us take you on a one-of-a-kind adventure through a land close to heaven. Enjoy our 6 Day Hiking Andes tour!
- The minimum age for this tour is 12 years old.
- You can start this tour every Monday. Subject to availability.
- This tour operates with a minimum of 2 guests. If you are a solo traveler, please contact us to check availability and additional details.
- Even though we have a detailed itinerary, changes can be made by your guides, due to weather or safety reasons. Please also note that none of the wildlife sightings mentioned on the itinerary are guaranteed.
- Driving time can take more than expected in Ecuador, as it is a small country with roads meandering through the Andes mountains. We assure your comfort during transit no matter the size of the group.
- Level of Activity: This trip is considered as 3 out of 5. Experience is not a prerequisite but please keep in mind that trekking lasts four to six hours a day covering between seven to nine miles every segment. The average daily elevation change will be 1500 feet. There will always be transport support in the case that someone wants to take a break or just wants to avoid the uphill. Our drivers will be happy to show you the landscapes from the car.
- Gear: We will provide hiking poles, which are especially helpful in steep uphill and downhill segments.
- Guides: All our guides have a professional background from the Tourism University; this means they have a degree in guiding, so their knowledge and skills when leading a group are top-notch.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- It is important to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications, and unforeseeable circumstances.
- Important things to bring: Warm, windproof and waterproof clothing, appropriate shoes or boots, water, sunblock, sunglasses, pocket money, and passport.