To journey into the unknown, learn from elders, and live as our ancestors did? The 5 Day Waorani Yasuni Kayak Expedition takes us to the home of the Waorani indigenous people fierce protectors of the past, of nature, and of their cultural identity. Join us on this adventure of a lifetime and explore one of the untouched areas of the Amazon. Spend time immersing yourself alongside local warriors and learning about how they survive in the wild of the Amazon. A world away from the hustle and bustle of the city this is a truly unique experience in an area where few have dared to go! Paddle the Shiripuno searching for wildlife such as monkeys, otters, tapir, jaguars, and colorful birds. Accommodation is provided at a basic campsite next to Waorani Homes. The 5 Day Waorani Yasuni Kayak Expedition tour will give a complete experience of how Waorani people live and how they protect their culture from the outside world.
- For this tour is recommended to arrive one day early to Coca City.
- The minimum age for this tour is 14 years old.
- You can start this tour every Monday. Subject to availability.
- This tour operates with a minimum of 2 guests. If you are a solo traveler, please contact us to check availability and additional details.
- Even though we have a detailed itinerary, changes can be made by your guides, due to weather or safety reasons. Please, also note that none of the wildlife sightings mentioned on the itinerary are guaranteed.
- We strive to use small and charming places that are unique and provide stellar service. Notice that this expedition takes place in a remote location, and the accommodation is very basic, but our staff will try to provide the best service possible.
- Level of Activity: This trip is considered a 3 out of 5. No prior experience is required and your guides will always brief you about safety and proper use of gear on every leg of the trip. The paddling is on flat water with minimum current and the hiking is on irregular terrain that can be muddy.
- Guides: All our guides have a professional background from the Tourism University; this means they have a degree in guiding, so their knowledge and skills when leading a group are top-notch. Each guide has many years of experience and they all have taken additional courses for other outdoor activities as well as have International First-Aid certifications. On top of all of this, they are all extremely personable and strive to deliver the travel experiences of a lifetime.
- Please take with you some plastic bags, to protect your Camera and important documents passports and ID from the rain.
- Please bring your own rain poncho, or buy it here in Ecuador, and take it with you for the activities, the weather could change suddenly in the rainforest and you might get very wet.
- Health advice: You must have the vaccination for yellow fever and malaria medication to enter this region.
- It is important to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- If you like to enjoy watching animals, please get some binoculars (10×40 are much better).
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications, and unforeseeable circumstances.