The Galapagos Islands Archipel is a very special place in the world, read more about the islands through this link. The Galapagos Island Hopping Budget Tours are designed for travelers on a budget who want to see the highlights of the Galapagos Islands and enjoy lots of activities during your Galapagos holidays.
4 Day Galapagos Island Hopping Budget
- Los TunelesSnorkel in the clear waters and swim with a lot of different unique animal species.
- Flamingo LagoonThe largest coastal lagoon found in the Galapagos, surrounded by pink flamingos.
- Bay TourYou will visit the highlights around Puerto Ayora by boat, snorkel with seal lions and spot sharks and blue footed boobies.
- Charles Darwin Research StationKnown for its amazing turtles, born from 3 inches to 4 feet long, you can also see the memorial site of Lonely George.
DAY 1 BALTRA – SANTA CRUZ ISLAND – ISABELA ISLAND – FLAMINGO LAGOON
Today, your Galapagos Island Hopping Budget tour is starting. It is recommended to book flights with an early arrival time to Baltra Airport to make sure you can enjoy all of the activities of the tour.
Option 1: Itinerary for flights arriving at Baltra before 12:00 PM
At Baltra Airport, an English speaking guide will pick you up to go to the port of Puerto Ayora, where you can enjoy your lunch. At around 03:00 PM, you will take a small public speedboat to Isabela Island. This can be a bumpy, wet ride. Upon arrival on Isabela Island, a driver will pick you up, and you will have a short visit to the Flamingo Lagoon. After that, the driver will drop you off at your hotel.
Option 2: Itinerary for flights arriving at Baltra after 12:00 PM
If your flight is scheduled to arrive after 12:00 PM, you will stay at Santa Cruz Island on the first day because the last speedboat to Isabela Island leaves around 03:00 PM. Please note that you won’t have lunch if you arrive after 03:00 PM. The rest of the tour usually looks like this: Day 2: Bahia half day tour & Charles Darwin Station; Day 3: morning boat to Isabela, Los Tuneles; Day 4: morning boat to Santa Cruz and transfer out.
- ActivitySightseeing. Wildlife Watching.
- TransportBoat, Bus, Car.
- AccommodationsHotel San Vicente or similar (option 1). Hotel Deja Vu or similar (option 2).
DAY 2 SNORKELING IN LOS TUNELES
Early in the morning, you will go on a 30 to 40 minute boat ride from Puerto Villamil. You will explore the brilliant scenery in Los Tuneles, which is considered the most beautiful place to snorkel in Isabela Island. The snorkeling area in this place is about 800 meters and the average water temperature is 20 °C. The departure time to los Tuneles is between 7:00 AM and 11:30 AM, and it depends on availability and National Park regulations. So, depending on what time you go to Los Tuneles, you could have the chance to explore Concha Perla by yourself, either before or after Los Tuneles, since it is very close to the dock.
- ActivityExploring, Snorkeling, Wildlife Watching.
- TransportBoat, Car.
- MealBreakfast, Snack.
- AccommodationsHotel San Vicente or similar.
DAY 3 CHARLES DARWIN RESEARCH STATION – BAY TOUR
At 06:00 AM, you will take a public speedboat to Santa Cruz Island, where you will have breakfast. Then, you will go to the Charles Darwin Research Station. After lunch, you will participate in an activity called Bay Tour. On this tour, you will visit the highlights around Puerto Ayora by boat. The first destination will be La Loberia, where you will find many sea lions laying on the beach. Next, you will navigate for about 15 minutes to arrive at Punta Camaño Islet. You will also go on a channel where you can spot Tintorera sharks and Blue Footed boobies. Next, you will visit the Channel of Love and finally, Playa de Los Perros.
- ActivityExploring, Sightseeing, Wildlife Watching.
- TransportBoat, Car.
- MealBreakfast, Lunch.
- AccommodationsHotel Deja Vu or similar.
DAY 4 TRANSFER OUT – BALTRA
This is the last day of your Galapagos Island Hopping Budget tour. After breakfast, you will travel to Baltra Airport with a Spanish speaking driver, where you will depart to Quito or Guayaquil.
- TransportBoat, Bus, Car.
4 Day Galapagos Island Hopping Budget Map
|1 guest||$ 1420 p.p.|
|2 - 5 guests||$ 1012 p.p.|
|6 or more guests||$ 897 p.p.|
- Meals as described in the itinerary.
- Accommodation in a single, double or triple room.
- Airport pickup and drop off at Baltra Airport at your arrival/departure time.
- Transportation on and between the Islands as described in the itinerary.
- Transportation between Baltra Airport – Itabaca Channel.
- Local naturalist guide (English & Spanish speaking).
- All activities as described in the itinerary.
- Snorkeling equipment: mask, snorkel, fins and life vest.
- 24/7 assistance in English, Dutch and Spanish.
+ Round trip flights between mainland Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands.
+ Food & drinks that are not mentioned in the itinerary.
+ Entrance fee for the Galapagos National Park: $ 100 p.p. (cash only).
+ Migratory Control Card / Ingala Transit Card: $ 20 p.p. (cash only).
+ Isabela dock fee: $ 10 p.p. (cash only).
+ Water Taxi (small boat that takes you from the speedboat to the harbor and back).
+ Wetsuits for rent (recommended between May – November).
+ Personal travel & health insurance.
+ Optional tips for the guide.
- For children under the age of 12, there is a 10% discount.
- It is recommended to book flights with an early arrival time to the Galapagos Islands and a late departure time from the Galapagos Islands to make sure you can enjoy all of the activities of the tour. Late arrivals and/or early departures mean you might miss some activities.
- Please note that the activity sequence depends on your flight schedule and the availabilities of the different tours and transportation. The sequence of your complete tour might change but you won’t miss any tours if you have an afternoon flight back to Ecuador on the last day.
- If your flight is delayed or canceled and you cannot make it to Puerto Ayora in time to take the last speedboat to Isabela Island, which departs around 02:00 PM, the team assists you with finding accommodation in Santa Cruz Island but this will be on your own expense. You will miss the planned activities.
- There are no guides on the transportation by public speedboat between islands.
- Try to only bring small baggage/bags since public transportation on the Galapagos Islands is quite small.
- Tap water on the Galapagos Islands might contain bacteria and should not be consumed, not even for brushing your teeth. Bottled or purified water is always recommended.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- It is important to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- It is possible that pictures will be taken during your tour, so it is recommended to bring a USB.