Rebecca Adventure Travel has selected several amazing Amazon tours, to make your journey to this diverse country complete. You can try to spot animals and make incredible hikes in several parts of the Oriente. Here in Ecuador, you can find all the different Amazon tours. In this tour of three days, you will enjoy the cloud forest in the Mashpi Lodge which is on National Geographic’s list of Unique Lodges in the world.
- Hummingbird GardenSpot several of these colorful and beautiful species of birds, a paradise for Hummingbird-lovers.
- Air-BikingExplore the cloud forest from above in an exciting new way.
- Life CenterDiscover Mashpi's Life Center and find a lovely butterfly garden and a birdwatching terrace.
- Tulipe Archeological SiteLearn about the ancient cultures that lived in the region.
- Dragonfly Ride Ride on an exciting, open-air cable car system that carries you over the cloudforest.
DAY 1 ARRIVAL MASHPI
Around 08:00 AM, you will be picked up at one of the big hotels in Quito in a comfortable van with other travelers. You will start driving North, and on the way, you will stop a couple of times to take pictures of the beautiful nature. You will also make a stop at the Tulipe archeological site to learn about the ancient cultures of the region.
Around 12:00 PM, you will arrive at the lodge where you will be welcomed with a cocktail. Then, you will enjoy a big lunch buffet with national and international dishes. In the afternoon, you will learn about the lodge and the different experiences you can participate in, and based on your wishes, your activities will be planned. It is possible to visit the “Life Center” where you will find a lovely butterfly garden and a birdwatching terrace. To get there, you can take a short hike which takes 25 minutes, or a long hike which takes about 50 minutes.
Later, you can do a night hike where you can find spiders, snakes, frogs, and other nocturnal species. At 7:30 PM, a delicious 3-course a la carte dinner will be served. You can usually choose between 3 or 4 options for starters and main course.
- Activity:Bird-watching, Exploring, Hiking, Sightseeing, Wildlife-watching.
- Transport:Bus, Car.
- Meal:Lunch, Dinner.
- Accommodation:Mashpi Eco Lodge.
DAY 2 MASHPI CLOUD FOREST EXPERIENCE
Approximately at 06:30 AM, the first activity of the day starts birdwatching. Your guide will explain how to use the binoculars, how to take great nature pictures, and if you’re lucky, you can spot some endemic birds or mammals. Later, you can enjoy a breakfast buffet served with the best orange juice and cappuccino coffee. The activities you will do today depend a lot on your wishes; you can go hiking, swimming at the waterfalls, and ride the “Dragonfly” which takes about 1,5 hours to go from the lodge over the cloud forest in a cable cart. You can also go to the hummingbirds garden, go “air-biking”, visit the science center or you can just relax in the spa.
- Activity:Bird-watching, Exploring, Hiking, Relaxing, Swimming.
- Meal:Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
- Accommodation:Mashpi Eco Lodge.
DAY 3 DEPARTURE FROM MASHPI LODGE
This is the last day of your tour at Mashpi Lodge. In the morning, you will have some time again for one more activity of your wish. At around 11:00 AM, you will check out from the lodge, and your shared transportation will drive you back to Quito, in about 3,5 hours. You will be dropped off at one of the big hotels in Quito.
- Activity:Exploring, Relaxing.
- Transport:Bus, Car.
3 Day Mashpi Cloud Forest Map
|2 or more guests||$ 1646 p.p.|
- Meals as described in the itinerary.
- Accommodation in a single, double or triple room.
- Transfer in (shared basis) from four hotels in Quito: Swissotel, JW Marriott, Hilton and Casa Gangotena.
- Transfer out (shared basis) to four hotels in Quito: Casa Gangotena, Hilton, JW Marriott and Swissotel.
- Guided activities and excursions: walks, birdwatching, nature encounters, sky bike, Life Centre, waterfalls and Hummingbird Garden.
- Complimentary box lunch for transfer back to Quito.
- Unlimited soft drinks and snacks.
- Rain ponchos and rubber boots.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- 24/7 assistance in English, Dutch and Spanish.
+ Dragonfly cable car ride: $40 + taxes per adult, per stay for all activities that incorporate this service; $20 + taxes per child under the age of 12.
+ Spa treatments.
+ Alcoholic beverages.
+ Bar and boutique services.
+ Tips and personal expenses.
- Prices for 2024 and 2025 are subject to change.
- Transfer in (shared basis) from four hotels in Quito: Swissotel, JW Marriott, Hilton, and Casa Gangotena.
- Prices are based on a minimum of 2 guests.
- For children under the age of 12, there is a 10% discount.
- The price listed corresponds to accommodation at Wayra Room. Accommodation at the Yaku Suite (higher class) is also available for this tour. If you would like to know more about these options, please contact us.
- The tour activities are flexible according to each day.
- Pack a few plastic bags to shield your camera, passports, and ID from unexpected rain.
- Some activities in the Amazon, such as caiman searching, depend on weather conditions.
- If you love observing wildlife, consider bringing binoculars. Opt for 10×40 for an enhanced experience.
- It is suggested to have valid travel and medical insurance that includes COVID-19 coverage. Please inform the team of any known medical conditions you have.
- Rebecca Adventure Travel and the respective cruise operator reserve the right to change the itinerary without prior notice due to weather conditions, availability, National Park regulations or notifications, and unforeseeable circumstances.
- All cruises are subject to availability. Since cruises have fixed departures, please check dates and itineraries with the team before booking the cruise and flight tickets. Due to high demand, availability in the Amazon changes daily. Rebecca Adventure Travel will try to fix your dates with the options available at the time of booking.
- Keep in mind that some cruises require you to arrange the flight tickets directly with them, otherwise, they will charge an extra fee. Please check with the team and they will share the complete information before proceeding with your flight ticket arrangement.
ADVANTAGES OF BOOKING WITH REBECCA ADVENTURE TRAVEL
- Authenticity: Rebecca Adventure Travel offers unique and authentic experiences. All tours are personally selected by Rebecca, which guarantees authentic hotels (preferably family-owned), high-quality tours, great service, and, last but not least, value for money.
- Tailor-made design: Whether travelers prefer a Galapagos island-hopping tour, a cruise, or a tailor-made tour of Ecuador, our local and international destination experts use their own travel experiences to create the right travel plan for every traveler.
- Safety & 24/7 assistance: Rebecca Adventure Travel possesses all official tour operating insurance up to EUR 3 million. The team can be reached 24/7 for emergencies, by phone, e-mail, Skype, and WhatsApp. This service is available in English, Spanish, and Dutch!
- Face-to-face assistance throughout your travels: Although online communication is essential, in-person service is very important, too. This is why travelers can get face-to-face travel advice at the Travel Concept Store in Zutphen, Netherlands. During your trip, there will be local personal hostesses at each destination, e.g., the Galapagos Islands.
- Zero credit card fee: For guests who book a cruise with Rebecca Adventure Travel, there is no extra charge for credit card payment.
When you book a tour with Rebecca Adventure Travel you agree to its terms and conditions.