Traveling with friends or family can be a rewarding activity where you can create nice memories that will last forever. In this blog, read about some benefits and recommendations for traveling in company of your close ones.
Traveling With Friends and Family
Think about a group of friends or family traveling together. Each one experiencing the colonial cities of Ecuador or their incredible nature in their own unique way, and sharing their perspective over dinner. Traveling with friends or family is rewarding, and we would like to make it even more rewarding with our authentic and adventurous programs and our tailor-made private tours in Ecuador, Peru, and Colombia. You can contact us with your specific requests, and we will make a perfect custom-made travel plan for you and your travel party, according to your needs and likes, so all participants can enjoy the activities and get involved. All tours are personally selected by Rebecca, which will be your guarantee for high quality, great service, and value for money.
If you are looking for a program with a fixed itinerary, then have a look at these recommended multiple day tours:
- 9 Day Colonial Quito & Galapagos Island Hopping
- 15 Day Luxury Ecuador & Galapagos Highlights
- 17 Day Hidden Treasures Ecuador & Galapagos
- 5 Day Galapagos Island Hopping Budget
- 7 Day Galapagos Island Hopping Classic
- 8 Day Galapagos Multisport
- 4 Day Colombia Authentic Coffee Tour
- 6 Day Cusco & Machu Picchu
- 12 Day Colombia Highlights
- 16 Day Hidden Treasures Peru
Recommendations for Traveling Together
Here are a few recommendations for stress-free travel with friends and family:
- Try to be flexible: Some people will like to be more active than others, or some will prefer to have a big meal at night. Stand your ground when you need to, but being more like water and going with the flow will make everything go smoother.
- Communication is key: A dynamic group will also have different tastes. Don’t let things build up. Any number of things can seem like an issue in the heat of the moment, but digging deeper, they are not. A calm discussion is always better than a fiery argument.
- Travel Expectations: If you and your family or friends all love traveling, that doesn’t mean you will have the same travel styles. When traveling in groups, always talk about your expectations ahead of time. Meet up to go over your ideas, interests, and expectations.
- Don’t overpack, pack wisely: Remember that almost everything can be bought abroad. It might not be the same brand, but you’ll manage. If traveling with kids, bring the necessary things for both regular use and entertainment (if needed).
- Build-in some space: There is no need to be together with the group at all times, taking breaks makes your time together more enjoyable. It’s best to schedule these ahead of time, not when you feel that you cannot spend another minute together.
- Don’t make any decisions when hungry or stressed: If you add the stress of transit to the mix (getting to an airport, arriving late to a meeting point, etc), then, together, these are all bad times to have a serious conversation. Get some food, and then figure out what the issue is.
- Just do it!: While the idea of traveling with children, or a big group of friends with different tastes might be overwhelming, the most important thing to remember is: you will get there, you will survive and you will have a great time!
Friends at the Amazon
Did you like this blog? You might also like: