As many women love to travel alone, it is important to know some tips for female travelers because it can be a bit of a challenge if you’ve not done it before. This guide contains helpful travel recommendations for women to ensure that they get the best from their trips.
According to The Wandering RV statistics, female travelers make up a massive portion of the world’s travel spending with an astonishing $125 billion spent in 2021. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Internet searches for “female solo travel” have increased by 62% between 2016 and 2019.
Consequently, travel companies are seeing a big rise in interest from female travelers, as the data indicate an increased number of women are becoming frequent travelers. But, how can women get the most out of their trips? Let’s find out!
Tips for Female Travelers
1. Safety First
Is it possible for a woman to travel the world and stay safe? Absolutely. A common topic when referring to female travelers is which destinations are safe and which aren’t. To make sure your destination is secure, you can check comments or reviews made by other tourists of the services offered around your destination.
Also, make sure that you will be able to have a mobile service operator and access to local connection services. Besides, it is important to have the number or emergency contact information of the Consulate or Embassy of your country. In Ecuador, for example, you can check the official website of Chancellery.
2. Check Medical Affairs
Visit a travel clinic beforehand and talk to a doctor or nurse where you’re going. Do you need any vaccinations or prescriptions? Are there local health issues for which you should prepare? Additionally, get a general medical check-up prior to your trip and pack frequently-used medication with you in case of allergies. Don’t forget repellent and SPF 50+ sunscreen.
Another helpful tip is to prepare a short document that describes your medical history. In the case of adventure tourism, make sure to know what are the risks. You need to do your research in advance, well before your trip begins.
3. Only Take What You Need
There’s no need to go out for a walk in a destination with all of your credit cards, your passport, and a huge amount of cash. You should have a day bag into which you can fit all of your important items: your passport, your camera, your medication, your cash, a backup debit card, and your smartphone. Keep the rest locked up in your accommodation.
While it can be nice to wear your favorite bling, fancy jewelry or watches might draw unwanted attention. If you want to wear jewelry, purchase some costume jewelry to travel with, or better yet, buy some local relatively inexpensive jewelry to wear on the trip. This approach will help you not only blend in but also look less like a target.
In addition, lugging around several bags is not the best idea. If you are in a hurry, overpacking will only slow you down. Only bring the number of valuables you need or truly see yourself using.
4. Ease Yourself Into Beautiful Destinations
It is crucial to choose your destination wisely. South America, for example, has some hidden treasures that are perfect for female travelers, such as:
- Ecuador, a small country that will make you vibrate, is a perfect getaway vacation. Here you will find the Coast, comprising just over a quarter of the country; the Sierra, which extends in a double row of mountains, and a narrow uninhabited plateau known as the inter-Andean valley; the East or Amazon region; and the Insular region, also known as the Galapagos Islands.
- Colombia is a great place for your holiday. It is considered one of the world’s 17 mega-diverse countries, and of these, the most biodiverse country per square kilometer. Colombia’s richest biological diversity is represented in its vast geography which is composed of two seas, three mountain ranges including a snowy mountain range, lush jungles, and beautiful rivers.
- Peru is one of the top ten countries with the greatest biodiversity and natural resources in the world. On its territory, it has 158 protected natural areas. Peru also has 12 national parks, 11 national reserves, seven national sanctuaries, and 10 reserved areas. It is home to more than 1,800 species of birds and 10% of the reptiles, mammals, and fish on the planet. It also has 3,500 species of orchids.
Traveling is one of the best ways to meet people abroad. You’ll be more open to meeting new cultures and you’ll be more approachable. However, not being able to communicate is something that can put travelers at a disadvantage in many situations. So, having the basic words in the local language for basic needs, directions, and how to ask for help is very important. Many locals show more respect to visitors who make the effort to learn some of their native languages. When you really connect and take the time to learn from your surroundings, you open the door to ease yourself into beautiful places.
5. Final Tip for Female Travelers: Select the Best Travel Agency for You
Other important tips for female travelers consist of finding unique and authentic experiences. So, choosing the travel agency that can really give you the trip of your dreams is essential. Rebecca Adventure Travel gives you the unique opportunity to see Ecuador Mainland and The Galapagos Islands, Peru, and Colombia through local’s eyes.
Did you like this blog? You might also like: